Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FINALLY found Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker

Up until this past Saturday, I was in that group of people that were frustrated about not being able to find Hasbro's new Masterpiece figure at retail. I did the whole visit-every-Toys R Us-every-day thing and call-every-Toys R Us-within-a-50 mile-radius only to hear the same thing: "Yeah everyone's been calling for this figure, we are sold out. I even read on Seibertron.com that the TRU in Times Square had about 5 of them so I did the trek over there which involved 2.5 hours worth of traffic and a $12 toll. I live about 15 miles away from NYC by the way. Only to drop off my wife out front while I drove around in more traffic. To make things worse, her phone died so she couldn't call me to tell me when she was ready to pick her up. This is all thanks to scalpers and TRU employees who buy up every piece!

Well, that's neither here nor there. I began to do the whole refresh-the-page every five seconds all day at work and all night and morning until lo and behold, I refreshed the page at work and voila! Success! I placed two separate orders so my friend in Colombia can have the chance to own one. Well today I received them.

The Masterpiece boxes makes the figures look like jewels or at least portray a sense of importance over all other lowly Transformers figures. Toys R Us Exclusive sticker is on the lower left so don't bother looking for these in Walmart.

One of the best face sculpts I have seen in a long time. Although stated on the box, this does not have two heads like the original MP Seeker mold

Out of the box he was ready for action

I did manage to get him to stay still for this shot

TC pats his Mini-Me on the head
Here is Thundercracker with Takara's MP-11 Starscream with Coronation Set.

Here, the roles are reversed. I think the colors actually look good on TC

Here's the cape fully extended
Capt. J. Dragon's Ass? The opposite side reads LTC Joe "Big Daddy" Kyde, who took part in designing Thundercrackers paint scheme. Check out the cool landing gear.

Under the front section of the wing is a tampo printed picture of Reflector in camera mode. Say Cheese!

The excellent tampo-printing carries over to the tail fins where a picture of Thundercracker holding Soundwave is shown with the word Sonicboom
The set comes with a chromed holographic pilot which is removable.

Although the MP-11 Starscream doesn't come with a stand, Thundercracker does!

Thundercrackers alt-mode is great. It doesn't look awkward and compromises are few and far between. This mold has really cleaned up a few things compared to the original MP Seeker mold.
I love this set. It's cheaper than springing for an MP-11. Although you don't get a coronation set like Starscream (why would you need it?) it does at least have a nice stand and some great coloring. Good luck in your hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment